Am 31.05.2012 um 11:46 schrieb Jan Pohanka:

>> \definehighlight[filepermission][style=\setff{none}]
>
> Great, thank you. Anyway what is the purpose of the \setff macro?

In MkIV you have tell which features of a font (e.g. ligatures or kerning) have
to enabled, this is done in two steps.

1. You define a list with the features you want, e.g.

     \definefontfeature[myfeatures][liga=yes,kern=yes]

   which activates ligatures and kerning.

2. You apply this list to a font, normally this is done in the typescripts, e.g.

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif][palatino][default][features=myfeatures]

Sometimes it is necessary to add additional features or to switch a different
feature list *in* the document. To do this context provides the commands
\addfontfeature and \setfontfeature which can be also called in the two shorter
commands \addff and \setff. In the \definehighlight command I enabled the
predefined “none” list where ligatures and kerning is disabled to prevent that
-- results in –.

Wolfgang