Hans' MWE is not comparable, but Aditya's example (with
\setupbodyfont[palatino]) compares just fine!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Hans Hagen [mailto:pra...@wxs.nl]
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. Juni 2012 16:57
An: mailing list for ConTeXt users
Cc: Jörg Weber
Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] LuaLaTeX + fontspec: cannot compare documents with
Acrobat

On 8-6-2012 17:26, Jörg Weber wrote:
> (This is an issue I originally posted here:
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/58760/lualatex-fontspec-cannot-
> compare-documents-with-acrobat and I cross-posted on the LuaTeX User
> Mailing list)
>
> I use the option "compare documents" in Adobe Acrobat Pro a lot to
> highlight changes between revisions. What I just noticed is, if I
> compile a simple document such as the one below with LuaLaTeX +
> fontspec, Acrobat is unable to perform the comparison, giving a
> unspecific error message ("cannot compare document..."). Compiling the
> same document without fontspec allows the comparison, as does XeLaTeX
> + fontspec.
>
> I tried with TeX Live 2012 and the current MikTeX, without success.
> Ulrike Fischer suggested \usepackage{luaotfload} \font\test=Arial
> \pagestyle{empty} and \test after \begin{document} instead of
> fontspec, but the error remains. Does anyone know what is going on and
> of a possible fix?
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
>
> \usepackage{lipsum}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \lipsum
>
> \end{document}

I can't process that here. This is a easier test:

\nopdfcompression

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\startTEXpage[offset=10pt]
     a % a
\stopTEXpage

Even such a minimal document cannot be compared. I have no clue how the compare
is supposed to work but if a simple 'a' vs 'aa' document does not work while
the files preflight ok it's probably an acrobat issue.