On Monday, June 18, 2012, at 11:54 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 18-6-2012 09:43, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the attached example causes very strange page breaks.
>>
>> 1.  The subsubsubject is the last line on the first page. That doesn't
>> look very nice.
>>
>> 2. The xtable is broken although the whole table fits on that page.
>>
>> Is there anything I (or you? :-)) can do about these two problems?
>>
>> #This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2012052100 (TeX Live 2012/W32TeX)
>> #ConTeXt  ver: 2012.05.24 19:36 MKIV  fmt: 2012.6.18  int: english/english

> not that strange but it's obscured by the fact that you use a float
> (which has different spacing and room-for rules) without caption

> in this case you can omit the placefloat and do

> \startxtable[header=repeat,split=yes]

> Hans

Doesn't  quite  work,  since  then  the header isn't repeated when the
table is actually split.

With  natural  tables there seems to be a similar problem. But I guess
that  enabling  split=yes  will  actually  place  it  inside  a  float
automatically which leads back to the initial problem.

--
Best Regards,
Andreas