On 9-7-2012 04:47, Kip Warner wrote:
Hey list,

On the cover page of my book I'd like just an image displayed and
another image used as the background for every other page in the book.
So I put this in my environment,

     % Cover image...
     \definelayer
         [CoverImage]
         [x=0mm, y=0mm,
          \paperwidth,
          \paperheight]
     \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

     \setlayer
         [CoverImage]   % name of the layer
         {\externalfigure
             [Makeup/Images/Cover.jpg]
             [align=center,
              \paperwidth,
              \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

     % Regular background image...
     \definelayer
         [BackgroundImage]
         [x=0mm, y=0mm,
          \paperwidth,
          \paperheight,
          repeat=yes]

     \setlayer
         [BackgroundImage]      % name of the layer
         {\externalfigure
             [Makeup/Images/Background.png]
             [align=center,
              \paperwidth,
              \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

less code:

\defineoverlay
  [BackgroundImage]
  [\overlayfigure{Makeup/Images/Background.png}]

, the following in the book's first page,

     \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

, and the following on second page,

     \setupbackgrounds[page][background=BackgroundImage]

.. But this does not work properly. What ends up happening is the cover
image is displayed correctly, but every page after that just has a blank
white background.

state=repeat