Hi there,

I have a rather general question regarding the options for math fonts in
ConTeXt. As I understand from reading older posts to this list, there are
currently efforts for making either pagella math or an updated modern font
available. I am looking into this for quite some time now, but did not find a
solution of my liking.

I am currently using

\setupbodyfont[modern-designsize]

However, I like the rendering of latex's mathpazo a lot better, since in modern
design the math font does not match the modern text font. Plain pagella
currently is no option, since

(i) fraktur is not supported (see P.S.)
(ii) I am not happy with px math (integrals…)

Another option would to use tex gyre pagella math (which is different from the
currently available \setupbodyfong[pagella], right?!):

ftp://ftp.mpi-sb.mpg.de/pub/tex/mirror/ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/tex-gyre-math/doc/presentation-tg_pagella_math.pdf

As I understand I'd have to put the tff / otf files into a folder that is
recognized by ConTeXt (right?!). However, downloading the zip from here:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/tex-gyre-math

gives me only the "regular" fonts (i.e. there is no math - or am I missing
something?!)

Are there any other options, is there someone listening, who was able to mimic
mathpazo (I know about math times, but there's money envolved, which I'd rather
like to not spend) and could provide me with a solution or are there other
options, which I have overseen? I have had a look at the descriptions about
handling fonts in the manual(s), but I did not really get into it.

I'd have to come up with a solution of my liking in a couple of months
(deadline).

Your help is very much appreciated.

Sorry for bringing this up, especially since it is a stupid discussion about
taste, but I spend too much time on this and am quite sure that someone out
there must have a solution to these problems or at least point me into the
right direction...

Cheers,
Andreas

%%%%%%%% START EXAMPLE %%%%%%%%