Dear Wolfgang,

I have tried what I believe to be the two approaches you suggested for controlling the margins of a quotation:

1. Using the switches offered via \setupdelimitedtext in the \setupquotation command:

\setupquotation[leftmargin=1.5in]
\quotation{Pito Salas, a developer at ATG, decided to attack this problem. After a few months of studying existing real-world examples, it became clear that the data, views of that data, and the formulas that acted on that data were very separate concepts. Yet in every case, the existing spreadsheet programs required the user to type all of these items into the same (typically single) sheet's cells.}

The result in this case is that neither margin is affected with any combination of leftmargin= and rightmargin=, either alone or in combination.

2.  Creating an environment file env-myquotation.tex, which has as its contents:

\startenvironment myquotation
        \setuplayout[leftmargin=1.5in,backspace=1.5in,rightmargin=1.5in]
\stopenvironment

...and then the slide:

\SlideTitle{An exception: Lotus Improv, an exceptional spreadsheet}
\blank
%\setupquotation[leftmargin=1.5in]
{\environment env-myquotation.tex
\quotation{Pito Salas, a developer at ATG, decided to attack this problem. After a few months of studying existing real-world examples, it became clear that the data, views of that data, and the formulas that acted on that data were very separate concepts. Yet in every case, the existing spreadsheet programs required the user to type all of these items into the same (typically single) sheet's cells.}
}
\par
\startalignment[flushright]
\blank[2*big]
{\em Source:  Wikipedia/Lotus Improv}
\stopalignment

In this case, the margins seem to work for the quotation, but, unfortunately, the title is also shifted by the leftmargin (but not the right margin as title width appears to remain the same; this title is longer than a single line), and the credit which I did not need brought in was also shifted in to the right margin of the environment.

So am I limited in my control over margins within a slide do you think? Or is there another approach?

Thanks.

I have the following slide, where only the right margin is affected.  I
have tried variations on backspace, width and margin but haven't gotten
the left margin to move.

\definelayout[quotation][leftmargin=1.5in,rightmargin=1.5in]

\SlideTitle{An exception: Lotus Improv, an exceptional spreadsheet}
\blank
\setuplayout[quotation]
\quotation{Pito Salas, a developer at ATG, decided to attack this problem.
After a few months of studying existing real-world examples, it became clear
that the data, views of that data, and the formulas that acted on that data
were very separate concepts. Yet in every case, the existing spreadsheet
programs required the user to type all of these items into the same (typically
single) sheet's cells.}
\par
\setuplayout[reset]
\startalignment[flushright]
\blank[2*big]
{\em Source:  Wikipedia:Lotus Improv}

<<<<

I am sure that it is something simple that I am missing here, but any
guidance would be most appreciated.

You can’t use a customized layout to change the margins of a part of the page
only,
use the quotation environment or put the quotation in a narrower environment.

Wolfgang

--
-----
- Pavneet Arora