Sorry, got the wrong URL. That's the right one: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/68200/

Am 03.08.12 14:44, schrieb Daniel Schopper:
Dear list,
I'm trying to come to grips with creating a customized author-title cite
command, based on this[1] thread. I was wondering how I can check on the
value of the [artauthor] or [author] fields extracted by \getcitedata?
Eventually I'd need a footnote citation style that prints a full
citation for the first reference and then uses a author-title style for
the subsequent ones: For @incollection only author and title of the
article, for @book the author and title of the book. Which is why I'd
need to for the existance of an artauthor… Or how can I just grab the
bibtex-type? \getcitedata[bibtype] doesn’t seem to return anything.

I guess this should be quite easy for someone more experienced.
TIA,
Daniel

\setupbibtex [database=sample]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\def\MYauthor#1#2#3#4#5{#3}

\def\specialcite#1[#2]%
         {\bgroup
          \getcitedata[author1][#2] to \mauthors
          \getcitedata[artauthor1][#2] to \martauthors
          \getcitedata[arttitle][#2] to \marttitle
          \getcitedata[title][#2] to \mtitle
          \getcitedata[bibtype][#2] to \mbibtype
          \doifsomethingelse{\marttitle}{\marttitle}{\mtitle} % This works
%         % Pseudo-Code:
          \doifsomethingelse{\martauthors}{\martauthors}{\mauthors} %
This, of course, doesn't
          \mbibtype % This neither
          \egroup}

\starttext