Is there any issue with "stacking" layers on top of each other?

What I want to do is create a newsletter nameplate consisting of a base layer containing a JPEG graphic of a logo, a partially-transparent layer above that to screen the graphic and a top layer containing the newsletter name in a large and fancy font ala' *The New York Times" & al.

I've already created a nameplate in Inkscape and can simply place the resultant graphic but I'd like to do the whole thing in ConTeXt if I can as I could easily use the technique in other situations.

I'll wikify any answers.

Thanks.
--
Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan USA

“Writing is a combination of intangible
  creative fantasy and appallingly
  hard work.”

          —Anthony Powell

This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate
to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.