On 7 aug. 2012,  Pontus Lurcock <p...@talvi.net>
wrote

> On Tue 07 Aug 2012, Robert Blackstone wrote:
>
>> Here follows my minimal example. I reasoned that the identifier [topica]
>> might act as a label, or an anchor, or whatever the correct ConTeXt name is,
>> for a reference.
>>
>> \definedelimitedtext[topica]
>> \setupdelimitedtext[topica][left=,right=] %maybe superfluous? I do not need
>> a layout different from the rest of the text.
>> \starttext
>>
>> Some text.
>>
>> \starttopica
>> Some text to explain a certain topic, called topica.
>> \stoptopica
>>
>> Some more text about topica. (See discussion on \at{page}[topica])
>>
>> \stoptext

>> To avoid any misunderstanding: this is no longer a problem since I have been
>> given excellent advice. But it intrigues me. Why can some identifiers, for
>> example of figures, be used for internal references and others not?
>
> In this case, I'd say it's because you're defining a delimited text
> style which can be used in multiple places. Your document could have
> five hundred \starttopica...\stoptopica blocks on different pages.
> A figure identifier, on the other hand, is meant to be unique.
>
> Pont
Hi Pont,
Thanks for your comment. I realized this. There would of course be only one
"\starttopica...\stoptopica block" in my text. If I would like to use delimited
texts in this manner for several different topics, I would simply give them
different names. Each topic its own name, like [topicb], [topicc], etc. Like
you would do if you wanted to use slightly different types of blockquote in
your document.
So my question: "Why can some identifiers, for example of figures, be used for
internal references and others not?" remains unanswered.
Best regards,
Robert