Dear Hans and All,

if I use example from scrn-wid.mkvi
\attachment[file=oeps.tex,title=Oeps,author=Hans,subtitle=TeX
File,method=hidden]

empty file gets embedded and all specs are lost.

If I remove "method=hidden" all is OK - file is there, I can see
supplied information in Adobe Reader list of attached/embedded files.

I did not trace the cause of file getting empty, but the loss of specs
appears to be by design.
In 2011 you wrote
"The hidden method will not place an annotation."
(http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/057091.html),
 but now the comment "hidden = not in menu" in scrn-wid.mkv implies
that you also try to hide file information in the list of attached
files,
so menu entry is just a placeholder with file name "attachment.txt"
and empty description.
The relevant code piece, where specs and filename are dropped, seems
to be in scrn-wid.mkvseems
\setvalue{scrn_attachment_method_\v!hidden}%
  {\ctxcommand{insertattachment{
     tag        = "\currentattachment",
     registered = "\currentattachmentregistered",
     method     = "\v!hidden"
  }}}

While such anonymizing mode may be required for some security-obsessed
people, who do not want filenames leak into shipped out files,
it seems strange not to provide an option to preserve the old behavior
(hidden file appears in attached/embedded files list of Adobe Reader
with filename and description) and break your own example.

    Sincerely, Michail

PS.
ConTeXt  ver: 2012.08.16 22:20 MKIV