Marco wrote:
> I was wandering if we should promote the ConTeXt
> IRC channel on the contextgarden home page,

The purpose of a link on the front page would be to point
help-searchers at a useful resource --- if the resource is not yet
useful, there's no point in the link, I think. After all, people who
encounter an empty channel will simply turn around and leave it. But
if there are people there, (perhaps not always but "usually at time
X",) it's a good idea, I think.

If your main intention is to increase the number of regulars, I think
canvassing on this mailing list will be a more effective strategy.
(Maybe organise a theme discussion once a month or so, and announce it here?)

Troy wrote:
> I'm certainly in #context regularly, although I agree that it does appear
> dead most of the time.  I would like to see it as active as #latex.

Do you know how many people there are that lurk on there (from time to time)?

Cheers,
Sietse