It is indeed somewhat complicated. Changes are needed in first-setup.sh as well as in mtx-update.lua. To complicate matters, one of the first things that happens in first-setup.sh is to retrieve a fresh and unaltered mtx-update.lua. My naïve recipe follows:

1. change contextgarden.net to metatex.org on line 99 of first-setup.sh
2. run once, which fails, but updates mtx-update.lua
3. comment out line 99 of first-setup.sh, to prevent further updates of scripts 4. change line 534 of mtx-update.lua to contain metatex.org instead of contextgarden.net

run first-update.sh again, this time hopfully with success.

May I suggest that the version of mtx-update.lua that can be retrieved from metatex.org contains references to that server and not contextgarden.net. I realize that then it is no longer a mirror, but on the other hand it may be useful when contextgarden is down.

Johan

I may be dumb... but I can't figure out how to change the mirror.
minimals.contextgarden.net [1] seems to be hard-coded in a number of
places. Help please?

Best,
Mica

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is minimals.contextgarden.net [1] offline?

Until we figure out what exactly is wrong one can use the mirror:

rsync://metatex.org/minimals/ [2]
http://minimals.metatex.org/ [3]

Mojca

Links:
------
[1] http://minimals.contextgarden.net
[2] http://metatex.org/minimals/
[3] http://minimals.metatex.org/
[5] http://www.pragma-ade.nl
[6] http://tex.aanhet.net
[7] http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
[8] http://contextgarden.net

Johan Sandblom, MD PhD
m +46735521477
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite
--Bertrand Russell