On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 09:13:58 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 13.10.2012 um 22:42 schrieb Sander Maijers
> <s.n.maij...@student.ru.nl>:
>
> > Dear ConTeXt users,
> >
> > I am bothered by this seemingly simple problem that suddenly
> > occurred these days, while the same TeX code produced the Index and
> > Publications chapters properly when compiling the document last May.
> >
> > I use the latest stable version (from May 2012) of ConTeXt on a
> > recent Linux with TeXLive 2012 and bibtex 0.99d. The PATH is
> > correct.
> >
> > The bad PDF:
> > https://bitbucket.org/SMaijers/bachelor_project/src/df9027aa04ea96e846173fe35b2a2715a742ad40/bachelors_thesis.new/bachelors_thesis.pdf?at=default
> >

> > The environment:
> > https://bitbucket.org/SMaijers/bachelor_project/src/df9027aa04ea96e846173fe35b2a2715a742ad40/bachelors_thesis.new/bachelors_thesis_environment.tex?at=default
> >

> > The text source files for the Publications and Index chapters:
> > https://bitbucket.org/SMaijers/bachelor_project/src/df9027aa04ea96e846173fe35b2a2715a742ad40/bachelors_thesis.new/references.tex?at=default
> > https://bitbucket.org/SMaijers/bachelor_project/src/df9027aa04ea96e846173fe35b2a2715a742ad40/bachelors_thesis.new/index.tex?at=default
> >
> > All files:
> > https://bitbucket.org/SMaijers/bachelor_project/src/df9027aa04ea96e846173fe35b2a2715a742ad40/bachelors_thesis.new?at=default
> >

> > I have been trying to solve this this evening and finally I decided
> > to move from ConTeXt stable to the beta version, but now I cannot
> > get *any* PDF output anymore ...
> >
> > Can anyone spot problems with the TeX source code that prevent the
> > document compilation, with whichever version of ConTexT???
>
> It’s a bug/typo in \placeontopofeachother but I sent a fix to the dev
> list.
>
> BTW: Compile the product file of your document, not the project.

Thank you Wolfgang. I changed the algorithmic code and I from now on compile
the product instead of the project (containing that one product). However, the
ToC, Index and Publications have not reappeared yet.

What is the context of your comment about the \placeontopofeachother bug? Is
that bug in the current stable or beta version or both? As I understand it, I
am still using the same stable version that I was using in May that, despite
the two issues that you pointed out, was compiling satisfactorily.

I hope the problem can be solved soon.