FAILING:

https://github.com/melmothx/context-unofficial-test-suite/blob/master/src/mkiv/critical/testlinenotes-007.tex

and

https://github.com/melmothx/context-unofficial-test-suite/blob/master/src/mkiv/critical/testlinenotes-008.tex

Also, it appears that \linenote was not present in TL12, so I don't have
a reference for all the testlinenotes files.

I'd be glad if someone more introduced to this feature let me know if
the output with the latest beta is fine.

! Missing number, treated as zero.

system          > tex > error on line 9 in file testlinenotes-007.tex: Missing
number, treated as zero ...

 1     \starttext
 2
 3     \setuppapersize[S6][S6]
 4
\setuplayout[width=middle,height=middle,margin=1.5cm,footer=0pt,header=1cm]
 5
 6     \setupcolors[state=start] \setuptyping[option=color]
 7
 8     \definelinenote[extralinenote][rule=off,frame=on,framecolor=darkgreen]
 9 >>  \setuplinenote [linenote] [rule=off,frame=on,framecolor=darkred,n=2]
10
11     \showframe
12
13     \title{Bidi}
14
15     \subject{Issues:}
16
17     \startitemize
18     \item Line-numeral ranges need to be configurable: 1--4 and 4--1. It
should
19     not be harwired, since eg, Persian, may prefer to keep an LR-style range.

<to be read again>
                   \relax
\dorecurse #1->\ifcase #1\relax
                                \expandafter \gobbletwoarguments \or \expand...
<inserted text> ...c!levels }\dorecurse \p_levels
                                                  {\strc_define_commands_not...
\define_notation ...\fi \the \everydefinenotation
                                                  \let \currentnotation \sav...
<inserted text> ...noteparent ][\c!type =\v!note ]
                                                  \fi \ctxcommand {definenot...
\define_note ...te }\fi \fi \the \everydefinenote
                                                  \let \currentnote \saved_d...
l.9 \setuplinenote
                   [linenote] [rule=off,frame=on,framecolor=darkred,n=2]
? X

--
Marco