2012-10-26 Piotr Kopszak:

> Many thanks! The wiki says it is used to "define a collection of
> indenting settings". I used it to indent more then in the case of
> other paragraphs the  first line of the first paragraph in a chapter,
> so your solution is unfortunately not exactly what I mean.

To indent the first line you can use

  \setupindenting [yes, 2cm]

That, however, is not configurable. And frankly I've never seen
varying paragraph indentations in a document. If you really need it
you can build a wrapper around this.

\def\defineindenting
  {\dodoubleempty\dodefineindenting}

\def\dodefineindenting [#1][#2]
  {\setvalue{#1}{\setupindenting[yes, #2]}}

\defineindenting [first]  [2cm]
\defineindenting [second] [3cm]

\starttext
  \first