Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schus...@gmail.com> writes:

> Am 29.10.2012 um 20:20 schrieb John Devereux <j...@devereux.me.uk>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There do not seem to be translations for the labels for Chinese, is that
>> correct? Is "zh" the correct language code?
>
> No, you need “cn” for chinese.

Oh yes that works a lot better! :)

Thanks Wolfgang.

Another issue I have is footnotes. Chinese footnotes extend past the
right hand edge of the page.

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Microsoft YaHei]
\mainlanguage[cn]
\language[cn]

\starttext

Hello, World \footnote{话说林黛玉正自悲泣,忽听院门响处,只见宝钗出来了,宝玉袭人一群人送了
出来。待要上去问着宝玉,又恐当着众人问羞了宝玉不便,因而闪过一旁,让宝钗
去了,宝玉等进去关了门,方转过来,犹望着门洒了几点泪。自觉无味,方转身回
来,无精打彩的卸了残妆。}

Hello, World \footnote{There were a king with a large jaw and a queen
  with a plain face, on the throne of England; there were a king with
  a large jaw and a queen with a fair face, on the throne of
  France. In both countries it was clearer than crystal to the lords
  of the State preserves of loaves and fishes, that things in general
  were settled for ever.}

\stoptext

mtx-context     | current version: 2012.09.16 23:18

--

John Devereux