2012-10-30 John Devereux:

> What is the correct way to set or modify the search path for tex files?
>
> I want to make it mode-dependent. For example, for figures I have
> something like
>
> \doifmode{en}
> {\def\FigDirLanguage{fig/lang_en}\def\DocumentSuffix{EN}\mainlanguage[en]}
> \doifmode{de}
> {\def\FigDirLanguage{fig/lang_de}\def\DocumentSuffix{DE}\mainlanguage[de]}
>
> [...]
>
> \setupexternalfigures[directory={fig,{\FigDirLanguage},{../fig},{../\FigDirLanguage}}]
>

> I want to be able to do for example
>
> \input disclaimer

You can either trigger on the language or on the mode. The directory
structure looks like this

    text/en/alpha.tex
    text/en/beta.tex
    text/de/alpha.tex
    text/de/beta.tex
    images/en
    images/de

You can create the individual files as components and create a
product file:

    \startproduct *

      \mainlanguage [de]
      \project [project]

      \component [a]
      \component [b]

    \stopproduct

and a project file:

    \startproject *

      \startmode [*en]
      \usepath
        [text/en]
      \setupexternalfigures
        [directory={images/en}]
      \stopmode

      \startmode [*de]
      \usepath
        [text/de]
      \setupexternalfigures
        [directory={images/de}]
      \stopmode

    \stopproject

To trigger by language, you use *en, *de, etc. To trigger by mode,
you use the mode name, in that case you can move the \mainlanguage
call to the corresponding language setup.

Marco