Dnia 2012-11-04, o godz. 11:04:52
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schus...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Am 03.11.2012 um 21:15 schrieb Marcin Borkowski
> <mb...@wmi.amu.edu.pl>:
>
> > Dnia 2012-11-03, o godz. 14:04:30
> > Andres Conrado <ela...@chiquitico.org> napisał(a):
> >
> >> In dont't really know why you think it should render differently.
> >> Everything TeX is supposed to ignore white spaces in math, AFAIK.
> >
> > Yep, but that's no TeX!  Take a look at math-ini.mkiv, lines 873nn.
>
> And what do you think the example will tell us?
>
> \starttext
> \enablemathpunctuation
> $(1,2) (1, 2) (1{,}2) \hbox{foo, not bar}$
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Well, I *would* expect (1,2) to produce no space after the comma, and
(1, 2) to produce a thin space.  But I may be wrong; in any case, they
seem to do exactly the same, which doesn't make much sense to me.
Also, I wrote about this some time ago on TeX.SE
(http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/52524/autopunctuation-not-working-properly),
and Aditya suggested posting here - which I (finally) did.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University