···<date: 2012-11-22, Thursday>···<from: Pablo Rodríguez>···

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to be able to use a ConTeXt Standalone on a computer with
> WinXP Pro and no internet connection and no administrative rights.
>
> Isn't it possible to install on a different computer (let's say
> c:\context) and then move that to the same directory on the other computer?
>
> I'm really interested in knowing whether this works, since I must first
> ask to a friend to be able to install ConTeXt on her computer to be able
> to use it on the computer I want. I'm on Linux myself.

You can install the minimals (for windows) on a pendrive with
Wine. This way I had no problem accessing my university’s Adobe
fonts at public computers in the library. All I had was a
restricted user account and cmd.exe. I used to work flawlessly
(until they disabled the terminal when they did a global upgrade
to win7).

Regards
Philipp