Am 25.11.2012 um 21:46 schrieb Kip Warner <k...@thevertigo.com>:

> On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 10:37 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> You need a font which has the symbol, e.g. Cambria or Lucida OT.
>
> Hey Wolfgang. Thanks for pointing that out. I had suspected as much,
> which leads me to my next question: What is the setup for selecting a
> new font, but just for math?

You have to define a typeface and enable it but Latin Modern as text font with
patella etc.
for math doesn’t look very nice.

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif][modern] [default][designsize=auto]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][sans] [modern] [default][designsize=auto]
\definetypeface[mainface][tt][mono] [modern] [default][designsize=auto]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math] [pagella]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

>>> In addition, the following formula does not typeset correctly. There is
>>> no arrow linking 't' to infinity symbol:
>>>
>>> \placeformula[formula:Limit of Verhulst equation]
>>> \startformula
>>> \math{\lim_{t\to\infty} P(t) = K.\,}
>>> \stopformula
>>
>> Works for me (Version 2012.11.23).
>
> It's probably the font I am using.
>
>> BTW: Why do you use \math inside of \startformula because it’s the command
>> for inline math in normal text?
>
> I haven't any explanation. I just thought that that was how you were
> suppose to do it from reading the manuals. How should it be?

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

left \math{1 + 2 = 3} middle \m{\Eulerconst} right % \math and \m are synonyms

\blank

before
\startformula
1 + 2 = 3