Hi Hans, Bill,

Yes, I'm personally aware of how PDF works.

This came from Pablo, who has since told me he was *not* referring to PDF
files, but EPUB books.  So he is referring to the native font renderer.

That's all I know about it, except that kerning works on my own reader.

Anyway, this really isn't a question for this forum.