On 2013–01–07 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Blocks, in contrast to buffers, seem to be able to place content
> > before it is defined. I did not check how they work, but since I
> > didn't see any temporary files, the only possibility is to write the
> > data to the tuc file, I assume. It is by any chance possible to
> > provide a “method=block”?
>
> Yes, blocks are stored in the tux-file while buffers are only stored in
> memory.
>
> I played for a while with \setdataset to store the content but dropped it
> because
> it required multiple runs and especially in the first run the output would be
> always
> wrong

That's no problem IMO. Two-pass data is always wrong the first run.
In the worst case, it needs an additional run if text moves around
too much. But since it's just another method, which is optional,
this only applies if it's activated and then the user knows what
he/she is doing and that it might be slower.

> I can consider it as a optional method.

I think it would be a nice feature. It enables placement of elements
where they logically belong, instead of where they are supposed to
be printed. It's nothing mission critical though, but you can keep
it in mind for a rainy afternoon.

Marco