On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 06:51:50 -0500
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Since the beginning of MkIV, colors in metapost labels need to be set at
>> the ConTeXt end (Untested):
>>
>> T := thelabel(textext("\color[blue]{I'm seeing double}"), origin);
>>
>> Aditya
>
> I don't believe that this is true, but I am most likely wrong.

Based on a snippet from mp-gnuplot (and agreeing with your point of
view that it would be nice if it worked without the extra hassle) I
tend to agree with Aditya (and I seem to remember that Hans
implemented \colored[r=...,g=...,b=...] command exactly when this
became a problem):

  % Returns an image with colored text according to current color
  % This only makes sense for mkiv text. Mkii is handled with \sometxt
  % and colors are working properly there. /.../
  vardef gp_colored_mkiv_text(expr str) =

    % since withcolor doesn't work any more, we need to provide a workaround.
    save r, g, b;
    r = redpart   gp_color_current;
    g = greenpart gp_color_current;
    b = bluepart  gp_color_current;

    rawtextext("\colored[r=" & decimal(r) & ",g=" & decimal(g) & ",b="
& decimal(b) & "]{" & str & "}")
  enddef;

Mojca