On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:34:08 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 14.01.2013 um 09:00 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In addition to \startbuffer \stopbuffer
> > it would be nice to have \startappendbuffer \stopappendbuffer.
> >
> > I see that the lua function buffer.append() exists but I have not
> > worked-out how to add this functionality cleanly as conTeXt macros.
> > I imagine that this might be quite trivial for our TeX programming
> > experts... (for once, a [useful?] suggestion that in the end will
> > not entail many hours of work? :)
>

> \startbuffer[a]
> Line 1
> \stopbuffer
>
> \startbuffer[b]
> Line 2
> \stopbuffer
>
> \starttext
>
> \startlines
> \getbuffer[a,b]
> \stoplines
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang, this is useful.

However, it would still be helpful to be able to generically add to a
buffer without having to rename a new one. Shouldn't be very difficult
but I did not find that anything like this already exists. I often
think this way when I teach, adding steps to an example while repeating
the previous steps.

\startbuffer[a]
Line 1
\stopbuffer