Am Jan 14, 2013 um 5:36 PM schrieb Philipp Gesang
<philipp.ges...@alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:

> ···<date: 2013-01-14, Monday>···<from: Schmitz Thomas A.>···
>

>> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Andreas Mang <m...@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I got a question considering the registers. I'd like to distinguish between
>>> the definition of some term and its appearance/use somewhere else (boldface
>>> vs. normal font of page number for instance). The garden provides a
>>> solution, which does not seem to work for me:
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>> \setupregister[index][nb][pagestyle=bold]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> My \index[nb::dog]{dog}dog is a cat\index{cat}.
>>>
>>> \placeindex
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> (modified from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Registers).
>>>
>>> What I'd like to have is, that dog appears with a bold page number and that
>>> cat doesn't.
>>
>> Your example produces the expected output with Mkii, and your code is OK, so
>> i assume this must be a bug in Mkiv. Hans?
>
> Hi Andreas and Thomas,
>
> this was reported a while back [0] but is still a “todo” in the
> source [1].
>
> [0] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/059544.html
> [1]
> http://repo.or.cz/w/context.git/blob/refs/heads/origin:/tex/context/base/strc-reg.mkiv

Hi there,

Thomas & Philipp: Thanks a lot for looking into this.

In my opinion this is a very helpful feature, as it allows to differentiate
between definition and use.

@Hans: May I humbly ask, if it is possible to fix this?! (it doesn't hurt to
ask, I suppose ;) )

Cheers,