Hi Everybody,

Thank you for your help with the documentation.

Inorder to teach myself ConTeXt I have to decided to write a
learning by doing manual for ConTeXt.

First off, I know I can get the formatting needed,
by using defineparagraph and setupparagraphs, but then
have I have to use start/stop-myparagraph, etc. .

 Well, I wanted "format" my normal paragraphs.
Following, the standard way of doing things in ConTeX, as
with headers and wanted to use setupparagraphs.

The problem want is the name of the standard(default) paragraph.
I have not found any. Is there a name for it.

As example lets take I want to have a little space between my paragraph.

MWE

\setupwhitespace{medium]

\startext

<paragraph 1>

<paragraph 1>

\stoptext

What I would like is to do:

MNWE:

\setuparagraphs[][][before={\setupwhitespace{medium]]
%% or
%% \setuparagraphs[][][before=\bigskip]
\startext

<paragraph 1>

<paragraph 1>

\stoptext

In other words there is no way, that I can find to globally set "standard"
paragraphs!!

The same goes for indenting of paragraphs. Yes, Yes there are the standard
indenting commands.

I feel though one should be able to use setupparagraphs for this.

Also, it took me awhile to find the setupwhitespace command, because for me
whitespace can be
either horizontal or vertical. I think it would be better to rename it to
setupparagraphspacing or something
like that. Or at least define a synonym for it. This would make things easier
for the casual or beginning user.

Maybe I am missing something. Ideas welcome.

regards
        Keith.