On 02/01/2013 06:16 PM, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to define a block, where lines are automatically formatted differently?
For example:
first line in caps,
second in bold,
others normal.

Is this possible? And how?

My #1 "Wish List" item for ConTeXt is /allowing/ "stylesheets" at the paragraph level. That would allow closer correspondence with what CSS/CSS3, Scribus, ODT, EPUB3 &al do and make it much easier to write transformation scripts whether XSLT, lua code, Perl code or whatever favorite tool one wishes to use.

I envision something like (psuedo code):

\setupstylesheet[myparagraphstyle]
  [font=AccanthisADF,
  fontsize=12pt,
  fontstyle=italic,
  alignment=justified,
  frame=no,
  color=blue,
  width=\textwidth,
  &c ....
  ]

\starttext

  \startparagraph[style=mystylesheet]
    \input tufte
  \stopparagraph

  \input knuth

\stoptext

The output would have the tufte quote formatted according to my stylesheet and knuth in whatever the global style is.

The style parameter in the start/stop paragraph would, of course, be /optional/ so existing documents would be unchanged from current behavior but allow the introduction of paragraph styles.

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA