On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد wrote:

Dear gang,

Has the behavior of \definestyle changed? In my typescript I have e.g.

\definestyle [semibold] [\sb] []

You are, perhaps, thinking of \definealternativestyle which has the syntax that you are using above.

It worked for years but now I get

=============
! Undefined control sequence.

system > tex > error on line 1 in file C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project/tex/generic/private/type-mpro.mkiv: Undefined control sequence ...

1 >>  \definestyle [semibold]                                       [\sb] []
2     \definestyle [semibolditalic,italicsemibold]                  [\st] []
3
4     \definestyle [smallcapssemibold,      semiboldsmallcaps]      [\SB] []
5     \definestyle [smallcapsbold,          boldsmallcaps]          [\BF] []
6     \definestyle [smallcapsitalic,        italicsmallcaps]        [\IT] []
7     \definestyle [smallcapssemibolditalic,semibolditalicsmallcaps][\ST] []
8     \definestyle [smallcapsbolditalic,    bolditalicsmallcaps]    [\BI] []
9
10     \definestyle [light]                                          [\LI] []
11     \definestyle [lightitalic,italiclight]                        [\LT] []

<argument> \sb

\define_style ...yle \edef \currentstyleparent {#2
}\expandafter \edef \csnam...

?
I have to update my cv for a deadline today, so I need to get this typescript working asap. Just in case I've attached the whole typescript (MinionPro Opticals, so it's a nice example of a sophisticated typescript). But maybe/hopefully it's just a small update in syntax that I'm missing.

The syntax of \definestyle is:

    \definestyle[important][style=bold, color=red]

which defines a command \important{...} that typesets the result in bold and there.

The result of \definestyle is lost when the document is exported to XML. For that case, you should use \definehighlight[...] which has the same syntax.

Aditya