Hi Hans, All,

The biggest crux in using ConTeXt is its documentation.
True, things have gotten a lot better in the past year!

Yet, there is no ONE definitive place to get comprehensive
and EASY to find documentation.

        1) Garden is really not that easy to navigate
        2) Garden is loaded with a mixture of mkii and mkiv
            and it is not always clear if the page one is on is for
            mkii or mkiv or quite outdated.

        3) PRAGMA does have up to date manuals.
        4) These manuals are quite unfinished in many parts,
             as are all many of the older manuals.

                 Very frustrating

        5) The newer manuals should be part of the standalone.
             ( I hate going online to look for a manual when it
               should be installed already)

        6) Reference manuals are fine for the advanced user, but for
            the beginner or intermediate they are not much help.
            Especially, if if one does not understand TeX, or Typesetting,
            and one really does not need to use all those options.

My suggestion would be to have garden have a manuals download
area where one can get the up to date manuals from Pragma and
where one can discern how old the others are. It should be also, easy to find.

regards
        Keith.

Am 19.03.2013 um 19:16 schrieb Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:

> Hi,