I find this setup stuff bewildering. My last posting is concerning the
typesetting of the endnote numbering in both the text and the list at the en
dof the chapter. In the Reference Manual both textcommand and numbercommand are
treated in the same setup macro: \setupfootnotes on page 94. But (with the help
of your reply) I find now there are different macros needed to set them up:

Needed for the text = \setupnotes[endnote][textcommand=\hifnmarker]
Needed for the list = \setupnotation[endnote][numbercommand=\fnmarker]
\def\fnmarker#1{[#1]}\def\hifnmarker#1{\high{[#1]}}

Wolfgang Schuster just comes up with a similar solution:
\setupnote    [endnote][textcommand=\groupedcommand{[}{]}]
\setupnotation[endnote][numbercommand=\groupedcommand{[}{]}]
Allthough the difference between \setupnote and \setupnotes alludes me.

The \setupnotes does not handle the numbercommand, the \setupnotation does not
handle the textcommand. I find this split in behaviour difficult to understand.
May I plead for a unification here?

Hans van der Meer

On 17 Apr 2013, at 8:14 PM, Marco Patzer
<home...@lavabit.com<mailto:home...@lavabit.com>>