On Sun, 2013-05-05 at 23:36 -0700, Kip Warner wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I am experiencing two issues in compiling my document. The first is a
> non-fatal warning during compilation of my book:

>         (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/s-abr-02.tex
>         resolvers       > modules > 'abr-01' is loaded
>         (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/s-abr-01.tex))tr: invalid
>         option -- '
>         '
>         Try 'tr --help' for more information.
>
>         publications    > wrote a new auxiliary file \jobname.aux
>         This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2012/Debian)
>         The top-level auxiliary file: Handbook.aux
>         The style file: cont-au.bst
>         Database file #1: References/References.bib
>         (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa.tex)

So I managed to solve this problem with an additional space between the
tr command and its parameter as a macro in my environment file.

> The second issue is a fatal error:

>         references      > unknown reference '[Leitmotifs][Resources For
>         Everyone]'
>         pages           > flushing realpage 9, userpage 9, subpage 2
>         ! LuaTeX error [string "\directlua "]:1: invalid escape sequence
>         near '\#'.
>         \ctxcommand #1^^@-\directlua {commands.#1}
>
>         \bibgotoURL #1#2\-\useURL [#1][#2][][#1]
>                                                 \from [#1]
>         <argument> ...ded {\bibgotoURL {\@@pb@title }{\@@pb@biburl }}
>                                                           .\egroup
>         \space
>         \firstoftwoarguments #1#2o-#1
>
>         \@@pv:l:misc ...{\bgroup \it }{.\egroup \space }{}
>                                                           \insertpubname
>         {}{. }{}\in...
>         \dotypesetapublication ...ative {\bibgetvart {#1}}
>
>         \removeunwantedspaces \egr...
>         l.37 ...olumn to sort demand by vote.}][occupy_poll]
>                                                            This should
>         not discourag...
>         ? You want to edit file Leitmotifs/Leitmotifs.tex at line 1

This was solved as well by removing an escaped pound sign in one of my
bibtex references. It shouldn't have choked on it, because as I said, it
was escaped, but removing it made it appear to compile ok.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred