On 5/8/2013 9:29 AM, Marco Patzer wrote:
On 2013–05–07 Kip Warner wrote:

I find the \texenginename and \texengineversion useful for retrieving
the backend name and version. They work fine when using the vanilla
LuaTeX backend. However, when using LuaJitTeX, the aforementioned
macros still seem to retrieve LuaTeX specific information and not
LuaJitTeX - unless I'm doing something wrong.

This is by design, see

   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.luatex/3000

Marco

For context, the most we benefit from luajittex is the lua vm speed and not jitting. If you need to check for luatex vs luajittex then you're doing things that are dependent on specific luajit features (like ffi) and that's non-portable (platforms as well as the future).