On 5/8/2013 9:23 PM, "H. Özoguz" wrote:
Rename the file to have a .ttf extension; it is and OpenType font with
TrueType outlines and those usually have .ttf extension (though the
spec says they can have .otf extension, ConTeXt does not handle this
right now).

Regards,
Khaled

Thanks Khaled, now it works, at least to some degree. I have still
problems, which I dont have with MS Word, see this example:

\definefont[amiri][file:UthmanTN1Ver10.ttf*arabic at 17 pt]
\define[1]\Arab{\setupalign[r2l]\amiri#1}
\starttext
\Arab{
نَسْتَعِينُ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ
}
\stoptext

The vocalisations are set wrong, see attachment. Specially with a final
"nuun" there are problems. It is not a problem of the font, because in
Word they are set correctly. Does this come from the extensions ConTeXt
do not support, or is there an easy way to fix?

extensions? fonts have features and these prescribe the (in this case) positioning

Or asked more generally, if fixing is not possible: Do you know any
font, which can correct handled by context, and is capable of
typesetting quran?

seems like an issue with liga ... i'm not sure if that's a context problem

\definefontfeature % might move
  [somearabic]
  [mode=node,language=dflt,script=arab,
   init=yes,medi=yes,fina=yes,isol=yes,
%  liga=yes,
   calt=yes,
   mark=yes,
   mkmk=yes,
   curs=yes]

\definefont[amiri][file:uthmantn1ver10.ttf*somearabic at 32pt]

\setupalign[r2l]

\starttext

    \amiri نَسْتَعِينُ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ