Hi, I have asked this question on tex.stackexchange.com
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/113592/formulas-in-context-are-different-from-those-in-plain-tex/113609?noredirect=1#comment250549_113609
  as the title said, formulas typeset by ConTeXt are different from those by
plain TeX. The minimal examples are here: % plain luatex in ConTeXt standalone
$$\int_a^bf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a)$$
\bye % context \starttext
\startformula
\int\nolimits_a^bf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a)
\stopformula
\stoptext Marco said to me that that's because the fonts used by LuaTeX and
ConTeXt are different. This can be seen from the pdf produced by them pdffonts
context.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- ---
---------OLAZTU+LMRoman12-Regular             CID Type 0C       yes yes yes
18  0
RXHAAY+LatinModernMath-Regular       CID Type 0C       yes yes yes     19
0JTHTZJ+LatinModernMath-Regular       CID Type 0C       yes yes yes     20  0
pdffonts plain.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object
APMHZE+LMMathExtension10-Regular     Type 1            yes yes no       4  0
AWBTPY+LMMathItalic7-Regular         Type 1            yes yes no       5  0
ITITNI+LMMathItalic10-Regular        Type 1            yes yes no       6  0
DMNVHT+LMRoman10-Regular             Type 1            yes yes no       7  0
MGKPYK+LMMathSymbols10-Regular       Type 1            yes yes no       8  0
even if using the `modern-designsize-virtual` typescript(advice from Marco), I
still get the different outputs.  Now, I get confused about this qustion. If
ConTeXt uses LuaTeX as its engine, how can I tune ConTeXt so that it can
produce the same formulas with those in plain TeX?  Tim