On 5/17/2013 11:25 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr
<mailto:alan.bras...@cea.fr>> wrote:

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200
    Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl <mailto:pra...@wxs.nl>> wrote:

     > > mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?
     >
     > we only want to close a file, not the whole session

    "Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed
    file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts."

    Alan

maybe I'm wrong, but sumatrapdf already does it in windows.
Anyway, the problem is always the same: if acroreader is able to open
the file, then the file is ok, otherwise no.

some time ago i tested them all and there were always issues (speed, quality) with complex graphics ... okular from kde windows works quite well but lacks some features