On 5/17/2013 7:41 PM, Bill Meahan wrote:
Having a bit of a problem. I installed SciTE, scintillua and Hans'
customizations yesterday and things are not working. SciTE crashes as
soon as my context files are loaded.

SciTE is version 3.31 (latest)
scintillua is version 3.3.0-1 (latest precompiled which has 64-bit .so
file included)

context add-ons are from a recent beta and have file dates as late as
28-April-2013

system is Linux LadyGeraldine 3.2.0-43-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15
03:33:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

wwm@LadyGeraldine$ SciTE
Lua Error: /usr/share/scite/lexers/scite-context-lexer.lua:508: attempt
to compare number with nil.
Lua Error: Table of folds expected from 'lexer.fold'.
Lua Error: /usr/share/scite/lexers/scite-context-lexer.lua:508: attempt

at least you see a message -) on windows they go into the void which makes debugging painful

to compare number with nil.
*** glibc detected *** SciTE: realloc(): invalid pointer: 0x09d9e5c0 ***

that one normaly points to a c bug

Backtrace not included

I'll try compiling from source if you think it will help.

Ideas appreciated. Thanks

you can try to comment

lexer.fold        = context.fold

in scite-context-lexer

it looks like there has been quite some changes (i might as well wait till a next version before i look into it)

i replace some lua code that ships with the lexer lib; when i started with making the lexers i had so many crashes on big files that i made my own fold routine - which of course interfaces to some low lever data structures - to get it working; it also was much faster (the same for some more patched code)

then, a few versions back the low level folder (c code) changed an di adapted to that (as we lack access to scite properties i cannot check versions) and now i need to check again