On 2013–06–03 honyk wrote:

> in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I have no
> idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right.

\setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
\setupheadnumber[chapter][48]

\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [alternative=c]

\setupcombinedlist
  [chapter]
  [distance=1em,
   width=1cm,
   numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}}]

\starttext
\completecontent
\chapter{Foo}
\chapter{Bar}
\stoptext

> In addition, the specified width and distance seem to be somehow
> ignored so that label interferes with the title.

The width setting needs to be applied to the chapter list, not the
content list, see example above.

Marco