The inkscape command works okay from the command line. Should I upload the SVG and manual PDF output somewhere?

On 03-06-13 18:53, honyk wrote:
Sander Maijers wrote:
I have a few SVG graphics of multiple megabytes. They contain a lot
of objects (text/shapes). All graphics except for one gets properly
included in my ConTeXt document.

Marco Patzer wrote:
Maybe inkscape failed to convert the file. Is a corresponding
m_k_i_v_filename.svg.pdf file generated?

It might be informative to try running the Inkscape conversion
manually. This is the command line ConTeXT uses:

     inkscape "%oldname%" --export-dpi=600 -A "%newname%"

(The quotation marks are literal: they are there in case the filename
has spaces, e.g.)

If processing in Inkscape fails, you can try another tool:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/tools/rasterizer.html

It can (despite its name) transcode SVG to vector PDF:

java -Xmx2G -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m application/pdf image.svg

In that case you have to transcode your files first and reference PDF variants
in your input.

Jan