Am 21.06.2013 um 19:40 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oi...@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> I have the following code:
>
>    \definenumber[lnt]
>    \setupnote[linenote][paragraph=yes]
>
>    \def\variant#1#2{%
>    \startlinenote[0]{#1] #2}#1%
>    \stoplinenote[0]}
>
>    \starttext
>    \startlinenumbering
>    \variant{body text}{variant}
>    \stoplinenumbering
>    \stoptext
>
> And I would like to make \variant operative, so I thought I could
> replace 0 with a counter, redefining it so:
>
>    \def\variant#1#2{%
>    \startlinenote[\getnumber[lnt]]{#1] #2}#1%
>    \stoplinenote[\getnumber[lnt]]%
>    \incrementnumber[lnt]}
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> How could I make that \variant handles a different reference for the
> linenote each time is invoked?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

1. Use came case for your own command names to avoid conflicts with core
commands.

2. Don’t use simple numbers as reference names.

3. You can’t use nested brackets which causes problems with the parser for the
arguments. What you have to do in this such a case is to hide the pair with
braces, e.g. [{[…]}].

4. ConTeXt has another counter mechanism which doesn’t has this problem.

\newcounter\LineNote

\setupnote[linenote][paragraph=yes]

\define[2]\Variant
  {\increment\LineNote
   \startlinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]{#1 #2}
   #1%
   \stoplinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]}

\starttext

\startlinenumbering