Hans,

Just now I tried your suggestions:

On Aug 8, 2013, at 13:51 , Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> Here I see two possibilities:
>>
>> (1) use the XeTeX parameters FakeSlant and FakeBold, which I have done in
>> LaTeX. But I do not know how this is done in ConTeXt.
>
> \starttext
>
> \definefontfeature[slanted] [slant=.2]
> \definefontfeature[boldened][extend=1.2]
>
> \definedfont[file:kedage-n*default] ...

The slanting and stretched effects come out nicely -- but the complex
combinations of the signs are not supported as they are in XeTeX. XeTeX
supports the combinations, but not the effects (see attachments
hagen-kan-luatex.pdf and hagen-kan-xetex.pdf).

>> (2) use the other font files (Kedage-b.TTF etc.), and again I do not know
>> how to do this.
>
> \definefontfeature[slanted] [slant=.2]
> \definefontfeature[boldened][extend=1.2]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [kedage] [name] ...

No, unfortunately that one doesn't work so well (see attachment
hagen-kan1-luatex.pdf).

> in context, there is experimental support for devanagari
> \definedfont[file:kedage-n*devanagari-one]
>
> but it all depends on what the font provides

Is there any way to find out the font's possibilities, if one doesn't have any
technical documentation about it?

Robert