On 9/6/2013 12:00 AM, Thangalin wrote:

That is a good point. The current XML structure produced by ConTeXt
(Hans correct me here if I'm mistaken) is not accessible, as it doesn't
adhere to strict XHTML. I suspect that <div> tags would not be
accessible -- the only way to provide true accessibility in EPUB format
would be by using the strict XHTML tags.

html is not rich enough .. one ends up with abusing tags which in turn is confusing for accesibility ... i once saw an epub where h1 was used for the chapter number and h2 for the chapter title

When I talk about strict XHTML, I'm proposing that a _simple_ ConTeXt
document (up to 6 header levels, numbered and unnumbered lists, images,
text emphasis, etc.) should generate a simple, validating XHTML
document. Trying to attain 100% coverage of ConTeXt transmogrification
to XHTML is ridiculous when, I suspect, 80% coverage would meet most
needs.. :-)

in that case a few page transformation could do, isn't it?

*XML + XSLT -> ConTeXT TeX -> EPUB + CSS*

probably ok for novels but who there is no way to limit the user ... so in the end we still have a complex mix to deal with ... i'd rather have

ConTeXT TeX reading xml -> export -> optional transform -> EPUB + CSS*

you want 'direct epub html from context' (no xslt) but on the other hand use xslt to map onto context while context can do xml directly ... chicken egg