I was advised to report the bug back to this list, with an even more
minimized example.
Here it is below.
This bug occurs in both mkiv and mkii, in the latest versions (current
beta).

|\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]

\definecolumnset[columnset1][n=2]
\setupcolumnset[columnset1][distance=5mm,balance=yes]

\starttext

\section{Introduction}
\startcolumnset[columnset1]
    \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
\stopcolumnset

\section{Bibliography}
\setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
\startcolumnset[columnset1]
    \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

Note the gap across both columns on p. 3, about 3/4 of the way down.
Any suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.

Lars