Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \definelayer[wrongpositioned][x=0mm, y=0mm, hoffset=0mm,
     voffset=48mm, state=start]
    \setuplayer[wrongpositioned]{\startMPcode draw
     (0mm,0mm)--(8mm,0mm)--(8mm,38mm)--(14mm,38mm) ; \stopMPcode}
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background={wrongpositioned}]
    \starttext
    \input knuth
    \stoptext

No matter what x, y, hoffset, voffset, location or corner, the MP
graphic is located where the page margins start.

Sorry for the so basic question, but what is wrong there?

Besides that, I don’t understand how positioning in layers work. I have
read the wiki, but I don’t get it (geometry isn’t my strength).

x, y, hoffset and voffset are fine. But location and corner are
mysterious to me. Changing them gave me no clue of what they are.

The four mentioned options set a point in the paper. The corner could be
the point of the graphic or text that would be set in the previously
defined point in the paper.

Well, if this isn’t wrong, what can location be?

Sorry, I know it‘s my lack of geometrical knowledge.

Could anyone be so kind to explain me what location and corner mean in
layers?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--