Hi Wolfgang,

Good to know that, but I might have some questions.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m happy to announce a new version of the simplefonts code. Thew new
> version of the code
> is a complete rewrite and brings many changes.
>
> 1. The module is now part of the core and no external module is needed
> anymore.
>
> 2. The commands to select a font have changed to commands which fit better
> to context normal syntax.
>
> 3. I removed the keys to enable font expansion and protrusion, when you
> need them use \definefontfeature.
>

> To use a font with the simplefonts code two ways are available. The first
> method is to create
> one or more typefaces and load it with \setupbodyfont. A complete example
> for this is:
>
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [DejaVu Serif]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans]  [DejaVu Sans]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [mono]  [DejaVu Sans Mono] [feature=none]

It seems the keyword here is "features"? Only the plural version works here
in my newest beta.

> \definefontfamily [mainface] [math]  [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> \startlines
> \rm DejaVu Serif
> \ss DejaVu Sans
> \tt DejaVu Sans Mono
> \m{c^2 = a^2 + b^2}
> \stoplines
> \stoptext
>

> The second method is similar to the old commands of the simplefonts module
> (e.g. \setmainfont)
> where the font is enabled after it was set and no \setupbodyfont is
> necessary. Below is a example
> for this method but I recommend to avoid this method because it’s slow
> when you set font a font
> for each style in your document.
>
> \setupfontfamily [serif] [DejaVu Serif]
> \setupfontfamily [sans]  [DejaVu Sans]
> \setupfontfamily [mono]  [DejaVu Sans Mono] [feature=none]
> \setupfontfamily [math]  [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
>
> \starttext
> \startlines
> \rm DejaVu Serif
> \ss DejaVu Sans
> \tt DejaVu Sans Mono
> \m{c^2 = a^2 + b^2}
> \stoplines
> \stoptext
>

> Another feature of simplefonts is the ability to set a fallback font when
> you need certain glyphs
> from a different font (e.g. for cyrillic ) which aren’t available in the
> mainfont of the document.
> To set such a fallback font the code provides the \definefallbackfamily
> command where you
> can set in the fourth argument the range for the replacement characters.
>
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [DejaVu Serif]
> [range=cyrillic,force=yes]

What if I want to use the CJK font? The code in  "font-sel.mkvi" hints I
could use range=chinese but it didn't work. I have to use interval
{0x00400-0x2FA1F} explicitly.

And how can I assign the boldfont, italicfont and bolditalicfont? I'm
currently using the Adobe Song Std as the regular font but it didn't come
with a bold version or else, hence I might need this feature.

> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre Pagella]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input knuth
>
> Традиционная систематика лишайников оказывается во многом условна и
>
> \stoptext
>

> Wolfgang

Best Regards
Chen