On 11/17/2013 12:23 PM, honyk wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to fix a Palatino small caps issue using the procedure explained
here:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Palatino_Linotype_under_MKIV

That fix seems to be obsolete nowadays and returning errors.

I've changed
fonts.otf.enhancers.patches["^pala"]
fonts.handlers.otf.enhancers.patches["^pala"]
which compiles, but it does nothing.

I've also tried this variant, but that 'patch' function is never called even
though I clear my font cache every run:

\startluacode
local fonts    = fonts
local otf      = fonts.handlers.otf
local patches  = otf.enhancers.patches
local register = patches.register
local report   = patches.report

function patch (data,filename)
     report("I am here")
     report("processing data %s", table.serialize(data))
end

register("after","prepare glyphs","^pala", patch)
\stopluacode

Any idea?

patches are applied when a font is cached so you need to wipe the cache after defining such a patch

there are several ways to apply patches runtime, see *.lfg files (and also fonts-mkiv.pdf)