Am 06.12.2013 um 20:20 schrieb H. van der Meer <h.vanderm...@uva.nl>:

> Indeed, \setuplist[chapter][width=3em] makes the chapternumber set in a wider
> field.
>
> But the alignment is as bad as it was: flushleft, i.e. the 1 of chapter 10
> still aligns with the units from the lower chapters instead of aligning to
> the zero.
>
> I looked up \setuplist in the command catalogue but cannot find a parameter
> to align this number, either to the right or to the left. It just seems to
> stick with the builtin default.

\define[1]\ChapterListNumber
  {\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}{#1}}

\setuplist[chapter][width=2em,distance=1em,numbercommand=\ChapterListNumber]

\starttext

\title{Table of contents}

\placecontent

\dorecurse{20}{\chapter{Chapter #1}}

\stoptext

> I tried something like \setupitemgroup[chapter][][][itemalign=left (also
> tried right)] but to no avail.

Why do you think lists use the itemgroup/itemize mechanism?

Wolfgang