Am 09.12.2013 um 09:49 schrieb Pavel Stupin <stupin.pa...@gmail.com>:

> Hello:
>
> I would like to use ConTeXt for typesetting documents in Russian. I
> used it about 10 years ago and it worked just fine. Much has been
> changed since then, however, and it doesn't work out-of-box while the
> only howto I've been able to find
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian) seems to be outdated (?) as
> none of the examples works with the latest ConTeXt. Could someone
> please explain me what I need to set up the program, if this is
> possible at all. I would appreciate your help and advise a lot.

When you use ConTeXt MkIV (context command on the command line)
you need a font which has cyrillic letters, e.g. the DejaVu fonts which are
shipped with the ConTeXt Suite.

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\mainlanguage[russian]

\starttext
Немного русского текста для пробы.
\stoptext

You can also use other fonts on your system with have cyrillic glyphs and
load the fonts with the simplefonts module. When you have a recent
installation you can use the internal simplefonts commands (not the best
example because you can load the libertine fonts also with
\setupbodyfont[libertine])

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Linux Libertine O]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Linux Biolinum O]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\mainlanguage[russian]

\starttext

Немного русского текста для пробы.

\ss Немного русского текста для пробы.

\stoptext

When your ConTeXt version is older (e.g. because you use TeXLive) change
the example above to:

\usemodule[simplefonts]

\setmainfont [Linux Libertine O]
\setsansfont [Linux Biolinum O]