On 2/13/2014 1:39 PM, Troy Henderson wrote:
Andreas,

Thank you for the reply.  I'm afraid that I don't know how to manually
manipulate the PDF Catalog.  I was able to successfully build the code
on this page

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2008/036947.html

but I had to add

\placebookmarks[chapter,section][chapter][force=yes]

and although I have Evince's "Index" visible, all of the PageLabels are
"1" and when I click on the entry it doesn't change to the correct
page.  I do get an error from Evince that says "failed to look up aut:3"
or another number.

I'm not sure what my options are.

mkiv:

\nopdfcompression

\setupinteraction
  [state=start]

\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
\defineconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber] [][numbers]
\defineconversionset[appendix:pagenumber] [][Characters]

\setupuserpagenumber[numberconverionset=pagenumber,way=byblock]

\setupheadertexts[Page \userpagenumber\ of \lastuserpagenumber]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

    \startchapter[title=Fontpart]

        \dorecurse{20}{\input knuth \footnote{test}\par}

    \stopchapter

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

    \startchapter[title=Bodypart]

        \dorecurse{20}{\input tufte\par}

    \stopchapter

\stopbodymatter

\startappendices

    \startchapter[title=Appendix]

        \dorecurse{20}{\input zapf\par}

    \stopchapter

\stopappendices

\stoptext

gigves in the pdf:

/PageLabels << /Nums [ 0 << /S /r >> 6 << /S /D >> 11 << /S /A >> ] >>