2. Chivo: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Chivo
3. Gentium Basic: http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Gentium+Basic
4. Install fonts.
5. Run: context test.tex

Looks fine.

1. Uncomment: %\setupbodyfont[TestFont]
2. Run: context.tex
3. View results: http://i.imgur.com/zttXyKA.png

The columnar content has shifted from the left column to the right
column. This can be addressed:

1. Uncomment: %before={\vskip-.5em},
2. Run: context.tex
3. View results: http://i.imgur.com/OsUgiAy.png

Works for two lines, but when additional content is added:

1. Uncomment: %\ingredient{1}{pkg}{applewood-smoked bacon}...
2. Run: context.tex
3. View results: http://i.imgur.com/4fjbWHv.png

Several lines have disappeared completely, regardless of font. The
lines can be made visible again, but then the situation reverts to
shifting the content from the left column to the right column when
there are only a couple of items in the list.

I've tried grid=strut; grid=,; grid=verytolerant; and grid=stretch.

Using a two-column setup, is there a way to reduce the amount of
space? The best result I can achieve without losing any content
contains too much extraneous whitespace:
http://i.imgur.com/A3RhnjS.png

Thank you!