On 3/12/2014 10:05 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 12.03.2014 um 15:00 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've got a running page head like this in my document:
>>
>> \def\CurrentUser{\cldcontext{os.resultof"whoami"}}
>>
>> \def\Markname { Compiled \date by \CurrentUser  \LUATEX +\ConTeXt\
>> \contextversion }
>>
>> and later:
>>
>> \setlayer[cropmark][preset=lefttop,x=3cm,y=-1.5\lineheight]{\Markname}
>>
>> But when I run this, I get a UCS error that seems to indicate that the
>> *result* of \CurrentUser ("waxhaw\huttar") is getting parsed as a
>> command sequence.
> When you want to pass a backslash to Lua you have to use \letterbackslash.

Thanks... can you give me an example of what that would look like?
I don't think I want to pass a backslash to Lua, so I'm not sure how to
apply what you're saying. Or are you using "Lua" here in the sense of
LuaTeX?

A backslash appears in the output of os.resultof"whoami"; do I need to
perform some processing on that output in order to escape backslashes?

Lars